CAREERS AT EDPO
We are an international, multilingual, service-oriented and people-minded team.
For any question or spontaenous application, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAID STUDENT INTERNSHIP (Winter 2022)
We are hiring!
Are you a university student looking for an internship in a fun, international and highly professional environment? If so, read on!
You’ll work in a dynamic start-up that exclusively acts as Data Protection Representative for non-EU and non-UK companies that fall within the scope of Art. 27 of the EU/UK GDPR. This opportunity will give you an excellent view on how GDPR is implemented by businesses all over the world. You’ll also get a unique international experience while gaining first-hand entrepreneurial skills.
The duration of this internship can be fixed. We’re ready to welcome you anytime as from Fall 2021.
Your mission in a nutshell:
- assist in the drafting and review of contracts
- assist with the review of GDPR case law across the EU/EEA
- help prepare our weekly newsletter on relevant GDPR matters
- support the company on all legal subjects
- assist in the development and implementation of new services, including the creation of our data breach and DPO notification platforms
- maintain and update our internal data protection policies and procedures
- contribute to the digitalisation of our processes
- assist in managing our clients’ accounts
- help prepare events, meetings and webinars
- assist in the growth of our UK Representation company in London
- liaise with our other EU offices (Paris, Dublin, Berlin and Madrid)
- take part in a lot of other fun and intellectually challenging tasks
You will be asked to fulfill all required tasks within a defined timeframe. The internship is flexible: you can work from home or meet the team at the office. You can also adjust your work as you would like.
- Student with experience and/or strong interest in data protection/privacy/GDPR
- Fluency in English, written and spoken, is needed
- Meticulous, hard-working, resourceful personality, hands on mentality
- Ability to work independently or under pressure with a high level of attention to detail
- Good analytical skills and basic knowledge of tools such as Microsoft Suite, WordPress, Linkedin, etc
- An entrepreneurial mindset is a plus
Please note that we can only accept students who will provide an internship contract with their university, or self-employed candidates with a work permit valid in Belgium.
- The opportunity to work as part of an international team of experts
- Real hands-on practical experience in a fast-growing start-up
- You’ll get paid for your internship (fixed price to be determined) 😊
How can you apply?
Send us your CV and tell us why you would like to work with us!
Send to: email@example.com with subject “Internship Application”.
Internship Applicant Privacy Notice:
EDPO (European Data Protection Office) is a fast-growing start-up that acts as Data Protection Representative in the EU and the UK for non-EU and/or non-UK companies.
Both the EU and UK GDPR apply to international companies that offer goods or services to persons in the EU/UK, or that monitor the behaviour of persons in the EU/UK (for example by using “cookies”). Article 27 of the EU and UK GDPR requires that companies appoint a Data Protection Representative in the EU and/or in the UK to act as a point of contact for individuals and for data protection authorities.
EDPO is established in Brussels, the capital of the EU, and has offices in Paris, Madrid, Berlin and Dublin. We also have a separate sister company established in London, EDPO UK Ltd. EDPO’s team of experts creates value for non-EU and non-UK companies by ensuring legal certainty, providing a GDPR Article 27 compliance certificate (based on blockchain technology) and by protecting them from sanctions that can reach up to 20 million EUR or 4% of worldwide turnover, whichever is highest. We are passionate about client service, we’re GDPR geeks and love to spread awareness amongst international companies about data protection regulations.